[FFmpeg-user] Change the parameters of ffserver.conf file from command line

mahek delawala m.delawala95 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 16:40:11 EEST 2018

Hello All,

I have started my ffserver in the background from the terminal.

Following is the content of my ffserver.conf file.

HTTPPort 1234
RTSPPort 1235

# Number of simultaneous requests that can be handled. Since FFServer
# is very fast, it is more likely that you will want to leave this high
# and use MaxBandwidth, below.
MaxClients 1000

# This the maximum amount of kbit/sec that you are prepared to
# consume when streaming to clients.
MaxBandwidth 1000

<Stream test1.mp4>
    File "/home/mahek/Downloads/Panasonic.mp4"
    Format rtp
    Noaudio
    VideoCodec libx264
    VideoFrameRate 25
    VideoBitRate 1000
    VideoSize 480x272
    AVOptionVideo flags +global_header
    AVOptionVideo me_range 16
    AVOptionVideo qdiff 4
    AVOptionVideo qmin 10
    AVOptionVideo qmax 51

    AudioCodec aac
    AudioBitRate 30
    AudioChannels 2
    AudioSampleRate 22050
    AVOptionAudio flags +global_header
    ACL allow 192.168.201.0 192.168.255.255
</Stream>

I want to change the file present in "File" parameter in the conf file
directly from the command line without doing editing inside the conf file.
Is there any command through which I can change the parameter of conf file
directly from the command line using some command keeping my ffserver
running ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mahek