[FFmpeg-user] vaapi: Impossible to convert between the formats

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:30:59 EEST 2018

> Intel devices do not support MPEG-4 part 2 at all.  If you are using
> the Mesa driver on an AMD device, some MPEG-4 part 2 streams
> may be supported if you set the environment variable
> VAAPI_MPEG4_ENABLED to 1, but it's not enabled by default
> because the implementation is incomplete due to API constraints.

I know this mail isn't helpful but reading above and remembering how
nice vdpau worked (already) many years ago and remembering how
people said at the time that vaapi is much superior over vdpau I still
wonder if we (FFmpeg) shouldn't have fought vaapi much stronger...

Sorry for the rant, Carl Eugen