[FFmpeg-user] How to make ProRes files with SMPTE DTV audio for 5.1

Mark Scott mark_scott at charlietango.com
Tue Jun 19 19:30:22 EEST 2018

Thank you Frédéric,
You are correct! When I encode our master video files with Telestream's
Episode software, I use the 7.1 audio setting. Then I open the encoded file
in Quicktime Pro and change the audio configuration to SMPTE DTV. I want to
know if ffmpeg can create the correct audio without the extra step of using
Quicktime player. I'm concerned that if I upgrade my OS, I won't be able to
use the legacy version of Quicktime Pro. I'll try attaching the the files
again.
Thank you!

MASTER FILE:

ENCODED with Episode software, then changed audio config with Quicktime
Pro: