[FFmpeg-user] Quicktime - Specify a Movie Header timescale of 24000

Mark Burton mwjburton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:57:15 EET 2018

On 8 Mar 2018, at 11:03, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is zero as long as nobody confirms that this would fix the issue you see.

Understood. A better option would no doubt be the ability to specify this value in the same way we can specify the video_track_timescale value.

For the record, I have used a 3rd party tool to alter the timescale to 24000 and it completely fixed the issue with the ffmpeg output files.

Since I don’t have the know how to make changes to the FFmpeg code (changing MOV_TIMESCALE to a higher value in libavformat/movenc.h), I’ll need to find someone who is willing to either test, or even better, build a binary for me to test with.

Is there anyone out there willing to do this?