[FFmpeg-user] Quicktime - Specify a Movie Header timescale of 24000

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:21:02 EET 2018

> Thanks. I have managed to compile a usable ffmpeg using brew (I work
> exclusively on macOS), but I have not figured out how I would be able to
> edit the libavformat/movenc.h file before compiling using this method. It
> seems I would need to go down the route, so any help to get that far would
> be so welcome.

You need a compiler, make and git. Iirc, all three are installed if you
type something like "gcc -v" on the command line (but I assume they
are now installed by brew).

$ git clone https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
$ cd ffmpeg
$ ./configure && make ffmpeg
This could for example fail if you don't have a new enough yasm or nasm
binary, in that case please try "./configure --disable-yasm", feel free to
add "--enable-gpl". If you know hat your cpu has - for example - four
cores, you can use "make -j4 ffmpeg" to speed up compilation.

This creates a current ffmpeg binary, please test (from the build
directory) if it allows to reproduce your issue.
Then edit libavformat/movenc.h and run "make ffmpeg" again to
get a binary that allows testing if you found the actual issue.

Carl Eugen