[FFmpeg-user] tiled overlay filter?

Gyan Doshi gyandoshi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:24:32 EET 2018

On 3/13/2018 7:00 AM, Bryan Huh wrote:

 > I was exploring the -tile filter for this, but the first obstacle I
hit is
 > that the -tile filter seems to consume a frame per tile. I have no way of
 > saying I want to use the same static image for every tile.

Let's say the video dimensions are W x H.

I assume your watermark is correctly sized and smaller than W/10 x H/10.
If not, add a scale filter before the pad in the command below.

Command would be

     ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -loop 1 -i image -filter_complex
"[1]pad=W/10:H/10:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2:color=black at 0,tile=10x10,trim=end_frame=1[wm];[0][wm]overlay"
out.mp4

Regards,
Gyan