[FFmpeg-user] Error with vmaf: libvmaf not found

Pinar Akyazi pinar.akyazi at epfl.ch
Wed Mar 14 15:17:40 EET 2018

Hello,

I’m trying to run vmaf library in ffmpeg. I’ve pulled the latest version of ffmpeg from GitHub today.

My system specs are below, i.e., using uname -a

Linux grebsrv5 4.2.0-27-generic #32~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 22 15:32:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I’m having problems using the command ./configure --enable-libvmaf --enable-version3

pinar at grebsrv5:~/data_folder/pinar_aom/ffmpeg$ ./configure --enable-libvmaf --enable-version3
ERROR: libvmaf >= 0.6.2 not found using pkg-config

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.

I’m sending the log file as requested by ffmpeg.

Best regards,

Pinar Akyazi

Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
Multimedia Signal Processing Group
1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
E-mail: pinar.akyazi at epfl.ch <mailto:pinar.akyazi at epfl.ch>
Phone: +41 21 693 4620