[FFmpeg-user] How to properly record sound when capturing web cam?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:41:44 EEST 2018

> admin-> ffmpeg -f v4l2 -video_size 320x240 -vsync 1 -i /dev/video0
> -thread_queue_size 1024 -f alsa -i pulse output.mp4

Where I live, I am probably required to tell you that running
ffmpeg as root is not a good idea.
(This is to the best of my knowledge unrelated to your issue.)

[...]

> [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0x2601980] Thread message queue blocking;
> consider raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 8)

I didn't know but this seems to indicate you have to specify the
thread_queue option for every input stream.

> [alsa @ 0x2603e80] Thread message queue blocking; consider
> raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 1024)

Did you try a higher value?

Carl Eugen