[FFmpeg-user] Http Listen Connection Drop

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon May 14 16:15:04 EEST 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 12:54:02 +0200, sirk98 qwerty89 wrote:
> I try to use the debug loglevel, but I can't understand the problem .
>
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Broken pipe
> No more output streams to write to, finishing.
> Error writing trailer of http://127.0.0.1:8989/1: Broken pipe
>
> This error appears when client press Stop on the stream . I need that the
> connection remains open for other client . I try to use nginx as proxy
> server using the proxy pass option, but the problem is the same .
>
> What I can do ?

May I interrupt this discussion and put forward the theory that the
"listen" mode of ffmpeg's http protocol/muxer was not made for multiple
connections? As far as I understand, it waits for one connection, and
terminates once this connection is closed.

The option "-multiple_requests" does persistant HTTP connections for
other sub-protocols, and has nothing to do with some sort of "server"
mode.

What you are trying to achieve was once provided by ffserver (until it
was recently discontinued).

nginx might be one option, and I once heard of an ffmpeg based server
similar to ffserver which serves only Matroska via HTTP, but I can't
find the link.

Moritz