[FFmpeg-user] chwe17/FFmpeg-Cedrus can't open my webcam?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon May 14 17:40:10 EEST 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 16:27:48 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> Assuming that Cedrus code used to work - http://linux-sunxi.org/FFmpeg
> hints that is was experimental and is unmaintained - you could try to
> port their changes to recent ffmpeg. The feasibility of this would be
> easier to check if those guys&gals had made it clear which version of
> ffmpeg their code is based on[*]. Sigh.

This guy figured it out:
https://blog.danman.eu/orangepi-h264-hw-encoding-with-ffmpeg/

You can probably try to cherry-pick his four commits on his cedrus264
branch to ffmpeg git master HEAD and see what that does. :-)

That doesn't necessarily solve your "-i /dev/video0" issue, but it
might make sure you have something proper to work with.

Moritz