[FFmpeg-user] Fatal error when compiling: ld terminated with signal 11

zerino leo.zerino at gmail.com
Thu May 17 03:07:51 EEST 2018

Hello, I've been using ffmpeg for 3 years now, but I never had to compile it.
This is quite new to me.

I'm using Linux subsystem in a win10 machine.

I was able to successfully compile it using the default git link on their
website, but it lacked most libraries i needed (even x264), so I realized I
should make a custom compile.

Followed this guide:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu#FFmpeg  only adding
--enable-ffplay \ and --enable-ffprobe \ to ensure their installation

Everything went fine until compiling ffmpeg itself.

here is the error:

In file included from fftools/ffmpeg.c:43:0:
./libavformat/avformat.h:877:21: note: declared here
     AVCodecContext *codec;
                     ^
LD      ffmpeg_g
collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault],
core dumped
compilation terminated.
Makefile:107: recipe for target 'ffmpeg_g' failed
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1
zerinol at ROBOTO:~/ffmpeg_sources/ffmpeg$

any leads?

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/