[FFmpeg-user] Play Pcap file and make ffmpeg capture the stream

Daniel Kucera ffmpeg at danman.eu
Wed May 30 08:58:41 EEST 2018

Hello,

you can use tpcreplay to play the pcap in reatime and capture it with
ffmpeg. For example like this:

# tcpreplay -i lo -l 0 lkv.pcap
# route add 239.255.42.42 dev lo
% ffmpeg -i udp://@239.255.42.42:5004 out.mp4

But you need to setup your networking properly. What's the source and
destination IP and port of your streams?