[FFmpeg-user] can't reorder streams and concatenate vob's

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 22:09:39 EET 2018

On 11/8/18 1:59 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> sean darcy (2018-11-08):
>> I'm trying to reorder streams in a VOB.
>
> Not possible: the streams in a VOB are not ordered. This is not a
> limitation of FFmpeg, this is a property of the format.
>
> Regards,

Ok. So is it possible to concatenate 2 vob's where the audio and video
don't have the same stream numbers ?

Do I need to change the container ? If so, what container would work ?

For instance, what should be the filename extension in this script ?

for input in *.VOB ; do
   ffmpeg -i $input -c copy  $(basename $input .VOB).[???]
   echo $(basename $input .VOB).[???] >> concat.txt
done
ffmpeg -f concat -i concat.txt ..........    out.mp4

Bigger question : is the concatenation problem here the stream numbers ?