[FFmpeg-user] HD MXF SMPTE ST377 Standard Compliance Problem with multiple IndexTableSegments carring Unique ID twins (maybe a bug)

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Nov 9 18:36:53 EET 2018

On 11/9/2018 7:08 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> <christophgerstbauer at gmail.com>:
>
>> I am testing to generate XDMCAMHD422 and AVCIntra50/100 MXFs
>> with ffmpeg 4.0.2. and 4.0.
> Please test current FFmpeg git head, nothing else is supported here.

If the MXF code hasn't changed since 4.0, it hardly matters, does it? Or
perhaps- "There have been some changes in that area since 4.0, please retest
with the latest."
  (I haven't had a chance myself to check for code changes, but then I'm a
user here.)

With such a well-written bug report (especially compared to the more usual
"it doesn't work"), I'd rather expect the relevant developer to jump on the
problem for the challenge, or at least to acknowledge that it might be a bug
and discuss possible strategies instead of tossing it back like that. (And
as a code developer and QA engineer, I'd kill for a bug report like this.)

Later,

z!