[FFmpeg-user] HD MXF SMPTE ST377 Standard Compliance Problem with multiple IndexTableSegments carring Unique ID twins (maybe a bug)

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:01:40 EET 2018

<christophgerstbauer at gmail.com>:
> Hello Carl,
>
> thanks for the fast reply
>
>> Please test current FFmpeg git head, nothing else is supported here.
>>
>> [...]
>
> I cant because I am not able to compile. I am just a user. Not a
> programmer/compiler.
> I am dependent on the windows exe builds from
> https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ which are linked on the offical
> ffmpeg homepage.

Where it tells you that the release builds are unsupported while
the current builds are supported.
(That's at least what we tried to communicate, improvements
welcome)

> Is there another way to get a working exe from the current FFmpeg git head?
>

>>> After generating these files I am testing them with an MXF Analyzer which
>>> analyses the MXF to SMPTE ST377-1 Standard-Compliance (MXF— File Format
>>> Specification). So I check if the MXF is fullfilling minimum MXF
>>> requirements for the MXF world.
>>> And I get every time the same errors multiple times:
>> How can I reproduce this? How can I see the error messages?
>
> Unfortunately you cant without the IRT MXF Analyzer.

(Continuing a discussion I had with several people who archive.)
I wonder if this is all intentional (seriously!), you have a
specification that from all I know is unclear, multiple different
and incompatible implementations and several commercial
applications that tell you what's wrong in the files - but
nobody seems to be very interested in fixing these "issues".

Several tickets exist (including very old ones), I may be
closing them because they can't be reproduced.

Carl Eugen