[FFmpeg-user] Animation issues - colors faded and washed out

Ron Barnes rbarnes at njdevils.net
Sun Nov 18 15:52:46 EET 2018

All,

I am trying to compress an animated cartoon.  When I view the before/after side by side there is a significant difference between the two.  My input is vibrant with robust color and my output is faded with a washed out look.

Here is my ffmpeg command.  If someone could, would you please recommend a setting that could preserve the quality as much as possible, while still compressing the file size?

ffmpeg -i "Animation Movie in.mkv" -c:v libx265 -preset medium -map 0 -c:s copy -c:a:0 libmp3lame -b:a:0 128k -reserve_index_space 1000k -crf 23 -s 3840x2160 -ac 2 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -metadata title="Movie Title" Animation Movie out.mkv

Thanks in advance,

-Ron