[FFmpeg-user] Audio resampler (SoX) returns different result

林至善 g104972 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:14:03 EET 2018

Hi all,

I need a down-sampled(=8kHz) version of my input.wav file (=16kHz).

According to
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/FFmpeg%20and%20the%20SoX%20Resampler,
I use the command below

ffmpeg -i In16k.wav -af aresample=resampler=soxr -ar 8000 Out8k.wav

It works well, but I found that every time I run the command above,
it returns the "Out8k.wav" with a slightly different(in PCM value).

The question is :
  *Is the difference I found a normal phenomenon?
  *If I want a resampler which always returns the same result, how can I do?

Sorry about my poor English.
Thank you all.

LCS