[FFmpeg-user] ProRes422 with 8 audio tracks converted to mp4 -- muffles audio 4

Harvey Pikelberger communque at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:44:23 EET 2018

> On Nov 22, 2018, at 12:39 AM, Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2018, 02:37 Harvey Pikelberger <communque at gmail.com <mailto:communque at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That's because I meant the channelsplit filter:
>>> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#channelsplit
>>>
>>> Sorry, Carl Eugen
>>>

>> No worries.  How you keep all this stuff clear and in control is beyond.
>>
>> Per your prior note that 4.0.1 was no longer supported, I upgraded FFmpeg
>>
>> Now the ProRes / QTs aren't recognized at all...
>>

> The actual command line you used is missing from the console output.the
> error mentions an invalid argument so perhaps the issue is with your
> command line? Looks like you are trying to add a timecode track to MP4
> which might not be possible. If you don't want this timecode track, add -dn
> to your command line.
>
> Best,
>
> Kieran.

Thanks Kieran.  Here's the CLI.  I saw that time code indication as well.  I wasn't intending anything other than compressing video / audio and making sure the audio track mapping matched...

ffmpeg -i ffmpeg -i SoundMappingTest-I-8Discreet.mov -map 0 -g 48 -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -crf 16 -c:a aac -b:a 256k -vf scale=1280:720 -pix_fmt yuv420p SoundMappingTest-I-8Discreet.mp4