[FFmpeg-user] Compressing animation - result has washed out colors

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 20:53:15 EET 2018

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018, 16:52 Ron Barnes <rbarnes at njdevils.net wrote:

> Hi yes they do,
>
> Here are frame grabs from both.  Apparently they look similar and after
> looking at them myself.  I would say that too.  But on the TV they is a
> marked difference is quality.
>
> Maybe I'm over thinking this too much??
>

> http://njdevils.net/upload/InputFrame.png
>
> http://njdevils.net/upload/OutputFrame.png

My connection is bad at the moment,but if these are the same ones you sent
off-list,then brightness and colour levels looks similar,if not identical.
Can you send a photo of your TV screen showing the difference? I know this
probably won't work too well. Otherwise can you describe exactly what the
difference is? Is it difference in brightness,contrast, colour
hue/saturation, or does it just look lower quality in a general sense?