[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG failing in AWS Lambda

Zaid Amir zaid.a at genie9.com
Wed Sep 12 09:13:58 EEST 2018

> Did you use the *identical* input file in both environments (the successfull and the failing env)?

Yes I did, and tried multiple files all fails on lambda but succeed on the EC2 instance.

>Did you use the identical ffmpeg binary in both environments? E.g. the ffmpeg-4.0.2-static johnvansickle.com build, or your N-91639->g85c0064 build.

Yes, tried same static and dynamic binary on both EC2 and lambda

>If so:
>I don't know if it's relevant for this behavior of the h264 decoder, but can you try restricting the number of threads to one with "-threads >?1"?

Tried it, still give the same error.

>on one platform, but not another, unless you have issues physically reading the input file.
I don't think so, ffmpeg is still able to read the file metadata. Besides I other binaries, like ImageMagick, work fine.