[FFmpeg-user] Bad Quality Webm video with alpha

Rafael Mancini rafaelbmancini at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:14:53 EEST 2018

Hi there.

I'm trying to generate a WebM video with alpha for a HTML5 template.
Already tried different compression settings and I'm still getting poor
quality results for complex videos with lots of animated objects.

The Input video is made in After Effects. Its a short 8 seconds video. I'm
using a PNG sequence with alpha, 24fps in Full HD.

I'm using the following command line:

ffmpeg -r 24 -i "InputFileName_%04d.png" -r 24 -b:v 10000k -bufsize 10000k
-force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*1) OutputFileName.webm

Can someone give me direction on how to get a better quality alpha video in
FFmpeg?