[FFmpeg-user] does ffmpeg support ffserver

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 00:55:14 EEST 2019

Hmm I don't know. My python script basically just runs ffmpeg in a shell.
It uses nethogs (in Ubunu) to measure how much bandwidth ffmpeg is using.
If it drops below a certain level the script restarts the ffmpeg process. I
also have different buttons for manually starting and stopping each of the
5 camera streams. Plus turning the auto-restart on and off.

It wouldn't be hard at all to make a script that would let you switch which
input stream to use for the destination. The ffmpeg process would restart
though so there would be a very short interruption in the sending to the
destination rtmp address.

Basically I'm using python to manage ffmpeg sessions. I"m not using a rtmp
library in python. I don't know if there is one.