[FFmpeg-user] Convert just audio and preserve original video?

Ron Barnes rbarnes at njdevils.net
Sun Apr 28 14:48:20 EEST 2019

Hello All,

I have a few movies and the Audio on them for some reason plays very, very low and I have to turn the volume on my TV to near max in order to hear.  I have noticed that a separate video encoded with EAC3 works perfect.

Here is the O/P from ffprobe of the good audio...

Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 24 fps, 24 tbr, 1k tbn, 48 tbc (default)
Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: eac3, 48000 Hz, 6 channels, fltp  <==

I am trying to compile the correct line command to convert JUST the existing audio stream or streams (there may be multiple) to the above  yet preserve all existing data such as Subtitles and video quality.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks,

-Ron