[FFmpeg-user] top posting

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:22:23 EEST 2019

Am Di., 13. Aug. 2019 um 14:12 Uhr schrieb Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net>:

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 14:04:34 +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Am Di., 13. Aug. 2019 um 14:03 Uhr schrieb Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net>:
> > > *We* should also understand that, AFAIK, Gmail web GUI users have no
> > > clue that they're doing that, as it hides the quote from them. (So I
> > > have often heard.)
> >
> > I use Gmail web GUI...
>
> Sorry, I tend to over-generalize. ;-)
>
> (But: Those who don't have a clue what we mean when hinting at their
> quoting style often have gmail addresses, and no other obvious
> User-Agent header. But I don't have numbers on this.)

If you don't care about top-posting, it is easy to do it wrong with
the Gmail web gui. Once you typed "top-posting" into the search
bar of your mail browser, you get both an English and (at least
with a German default) a local language explanation for what it
is. Then it cannot be so difficult to press the only symbol in
Gmail's reply field.