[FFmpeg-user] ffplay, display subtitles

Michael Castellon castellonmichael at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:59:56 EEST 2019

Hello Marton,

Thanks you for information.
Bitmap subtitles is ok for me.

I compile with libraries ass
$./configure --enable-libass

Now, for subtitles srt, I found  this command,
ffplay -vf subtitles=input.srt input.mp4
and this works.

but how to view the stream of subtitle from mkv files
for example
 Stream #0:3(spa)

I tested.
ffplay -sst 3 input.mkv
but not works.
error: Stream specifier 3 does not match any subtitle stream

Please your help.

Thank you.
Michael.
Regards