[FFmpeg-user] Get parameter defaults?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Dec 5 15:47:30 EET 2019

On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 13:17:29 +0000, John Dexter wrote:
> Is there a way to get/find all ffmpeg parameter defaults at once, as a man
> page or in online docs or something, so i I can see it as a list? It'd be
> useful to familiarise myself with defaults behaviour.

Yes, the ffmpeg options system is basically self-documenting:

$ ffmpeg -h full

It doesn't always say what these defaults actually imply. Sometimes
it's just "-1" = "default behavior".

If it's relevant and not obvious, the actual default behavior should be
mentioned in the docs. If it isn't feel free to ask and/or file a
ticket.

Cheers,
Moritz