[FFmpeg-user] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Dec 10 10:45:06 EET 2019

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 15:31:37 +0800, Kung, Andreas wrote:
> ffplay -infbuf -vn -acodec libfdk_aac
> https://radio.mcu.edu.tw:8080/hls/a2/index.m3u8
>
> [mpegts @ 0x7f97028b7400] PES packet size mismatch sq=    0B f=0/0
> [libfdk_aac @ 0x7f96fe890600] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed: 4007
> [libfdk_aac @ 0x7f96fe890600] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed: 1001
> [libfdk_aac @ 0x7f96fe890600] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed: 4004
>
> output sound sometimes corrupted or muted.

I get masses of other errors from this stream, incl. TLS errors, a lot
of video errors, and so on.

ffplay has a native AAC decoder, you could try that as well 8as these
errors come from fdk_aac, driven by an external library), but I'm sure
it will also error out.

> I can play the same stream with VLC or Google Chrome.

Interesting. This I don't understand. (Can't reproduce right now, my
Opera won't behave like Chrome and play the m3u8 directly, and I don't
have VLC installed anymore.)

Moritz