[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg stream audio problem

Csaba csabacsaba904 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:47:49 EET 2019

Dear Moritz,

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

You wrote:

> It is so incorrect that ffmpeg should trip over the two usage errors
> and report them to you in a very obvious fashion.

> Do you happen to be suppressing your output?

I got the output with the following redirection commands:
./scriptname > scriptname.log 2>&1 &
I do not know what happened.

You wrote:

> Have you tried just reading the input, and not feeding it to the net?:
> $ ffmpeg -f alsa -i plughw:1,0 -f null -

It is operating.

I corrected the errors, thank you.
I would like to stream the soundcard input to the net:
#!/bin/sh
ffmpeg -f alsa -i plughw:1,0 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 1 -f mp3
http://192.168.1.20:8080
 but i got a following error log:

Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.0 : stereo
Input #0, alsa, from 'plughw:1,0':
  Duration: N/A, start: 1576038182.094342, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 1536 kb/s
[tcp @ 0x562b13aa0340] Connection to tcp://192.168.1.20:8080 failed:
Connection refused
http://192.168.1.20:8080: Connection refused

192.168.1.20 is the IP address of this machine's eth0 card. I would
like to connect to this IP address from another machine on my LAN.
I want direct streaming, without a server.
I have read the following in streaming guide that no built-in server.
I do not know to stream it with icecast2 or other server, i would like
to significantly reduce latency. Streaming with VLC is operating and
it produce latency. I would like to try to streaming with ffmpeg but
it even does not work.

Thank you for your help again.

Best regards: Csaba