[FFmpeg-user] Are my posts getting to the list?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 15 21:01:25 EET 2019

Am 15.12.19 um 19:43 schrieb Carlos E. R.
> Longer explanation:
>
> Gmail deletes what it consider duplicate emails, by looking at the
> "Message-ID" header. The copy of your email sent to the mail list back
> to you has the same Message-ID than the one in the "Sent" folder, so
> it is deleted.

how dumb are they to apply duplicate filters for inbound and outbound
mails and only use the message-id which si not as duplicate as one may
think?

> Also, if some one replies both to the list and to you directly, you
> only get the direct copy, because it arrives faster than the list
> copy, which it considers a duplicate.
that's normal on good servers for inbound mail an dthe reason why
everybody using reply-all and delete anything but the list-address
deserves a punch in the face

after that bullshit threading and reply-all for others  is broken