[FFmpeg-user] Meaning of ffprobe output

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Sun Feb 3 17:52:33 EET 2019

Hi Carl Eugen,

Am 03.02.19 um 14:06 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>> Second:
>>> libx264 does support interlaced encoding (but not field
> (It appears as if you didn't read this sentence: It does not
> mean "you can feed anything into libx264, it will somehow
> deal with it", it means "libx264 does support interlaced
> encoding")

I read it, but I must admit, that I didn't really understand what field
encoding is in comparison to interlaced encoding.

For me it's ok to close that discussion here. You did a lot of effort to
explain me many details, much thanks for that. I can live with the
remaining unclarity.

Have a good Sunday,

-Ulf