[FFmpeg-user] Errors and discontinuities while GPU trancoding to H264

James E. Baird James.Baird at ccr.net
Tue Feb 5 16:36:17 EET 2019

After spending more time digging through the limited info on the internet, I have made some edits to my command and am seeing better results. I am still seeing a high number of errors and discontinuities however. I believe that I can capture clips now because ffmpeg is buffering the video enough to prevent the discontinuities from showing in the stream. I am still not sure the cause of the errors.

I take it from the lack of response that not many have experience with this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my new command to transcode.

ffmpeg -i 'udp://@239.1.1.92:59092?fifo_size=1000000&overrun_nonfatal=1' -vcodec h264_nvenc -g 120 -rc cbr -b:v 1500K -profile:v high -level 4.0 -acodec aac -ac 2 -b:a 128k -ar 44100 -f mpegts udp://@239.129.2.242:59242

Thanks,
-James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail including attachments is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. ยงยง2510-2521, is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or dissemination of this transmission, or taking of any action in reliance on its contents, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender listed above immediately and permanently delete this message from your inbox.