[FFmpeg-user] Setting -output_ts_offset always adds 2 frames

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:18:27 EET 2019

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:46 PM, Julien De Luca <julien.deluca at synchronized.tv> wrote:
>
> I tried using setpts filter, but it has no effect the output first frame
> pkt_pts_time is 1.480000 :
> ffmpeg -i vs0/out2.ts -y -filter_complex "setpts=expr=10-STARTPTS+PTS"
> -acodec aac -vcodec libx264 -f mpegts test.ts
>
> The goal is to make this work whatever the input is, and manually adding
> 0.08 would imply to have the control on the encoder, which I would try to
> avoid.

Sorry… 10 should have been multiplied by the timebase denominator, 10/TB-STARTPTS+PTS. Though obviously it’s not doing anything regardless, which I now realize is probably because your muxing to mpeg transport streams... Are you trying to have playback start 10 seconds into the stream? Because I may have misunderstood then.