[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg and MPlayer (differences and similarities)

Jamenson Ferreira Espindula de Almeida Melo jafesp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:30:26 EET 2019

FFmpeg and MPlayer (differences and similarities)

Hi. Congratulations for FFmpeg. It is an excellent software.

I have been thinking about installing or FFmpeg or MPlayer, but not both.

I apologize, but I do not follow neither FFmpeg nor MPlayer developing.

I think FFmpeg is similar to MPlayer. Is it correct?

Which of them (FFmpeg or MPlayer) should I install? Personally, I
prefer FFmpeg. I think FFmpeg is older than MPlayer, but I can not
sure. Where is the history of FFmpeg?

Jamenson Ferreira Espindula de Almeida Melo
Jaboatão dos Guararapes, Pernambuco, Brazil
GNU/Linux user # 166197
https://linuxcounter.net/cert/166197.png

Key fingerprint:
234D 1914 4224 7C53 BD13  6855 2AE0 25C0 08A8 6180