[FFmpeg-user] Use ffmpeg to delay webcam feed with dshow displayed locally

scott denton scottd777 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 21:29:37 EET 2019

 Hi Ted,
Thanks for your quick response!  I tried this, and it basically popped up the video window and left it blank for a while, then transitioned directly to a non-delayed video feed.ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -video_size 160x120 -framerate 30 -i video="Integrated Webcam" -pix_fmt yuv420p -filter:v tpad=start_duration=500 -f sdl2 "SDL OUT"
I also tried the following which cloned the first frame for a while, then went to a non-delayed video feed:ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -video_size 160x120 -framerate 30 -i video="Integrated Webcam" -pix_fmt yuv420p -filter:v tpad=start=2000:start_mode=clone -f sdl2 "SDL OUT"
So neither one appears to be actually delaying the full video feed - only delaying the *start* of the video which then jumps back to real time after that initial delay.
Am I implementing the tpad filter the way you were thinking?
Thanks again for your help!!
Scott
   On Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 10:50:08 AM PST, Ted Park <kumowoon1025 at gmail.com> wrote:

 > On Feb 12, 2019, at 12:44 PM, scott denton <scottd777-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>
> I have tried to use various filters such as cue, loop, and buffer, as well as itsoffset but haven't been able to get it to actually delay.

Try the tpad filter.