[FFmpeg-user] create video from image

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 13 23:50:09 EET 2019

On 2/13/2019 1:15 PM, juan carlos wrote:
> I already indicated in another email that since the release of ffmpeg 4.0
> the project does not take seriously the work of updating the documentation,

AFAICT, ffmpeg seldom updates any doc that isn't auto-generated from the
source code. OTOH, it's free software.

And you probably know by now that a full command output is almost always
needed.

> ffmpeg -f image2 -i image.jpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 200k -t 30 out.mp4
> Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for
> output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate,
> width or heigh
[no output included]

(The encoder doesn't know about the desired frame rate/etc; you need to
specify them. Look at the -target option; unfortunately the parameters it
actually sets are only documented in fftools/ffmpeg_opt.c).

z!