[FFmpeg-user] Possible? - Convert ProRes to h.264 using GPU on MacOS Mojave

Harvey Pikelberger communque at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:51:49 EET 2019

RE Pixel format, the console message was
[h264_videotoolbox @ 0x7feff9801200] Color range not set for yuv420p. Using MPEG range.

CLI was either
ffmpeg -i /path/to/source.[ext] -map 0 -map -0:d -g 48 -c:v h264_videotoolbox -profile:v baseline -b:v 20000k /path/to/dest.mov

or the same, but including
-pix_fmt yuv420p

Thanks for the -color_range tip.