[FFmpeg-user] Growing file processing

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 19:09:16 EET 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 17:51:09 +0100, g.cemeli at woody-technologies.com wrote:
> Thanks, very good idea, but I'm under Windows and can't find a tail tool
> with the  -c +1 -F options ...

Well, Windows has always been pretty braindead out of the box, where
Unix has all the funky tools.

As Carl mentioned, you can grab a Windows version of GNU tail
somewhere. Also, there seems to be a Tail.exe in the Resource Kit
Tools:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17657

And Windows PowerShell, which should be included with modern versions
(?) has an equivalent:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/4427285/3974309
(and plenty of other suggestions under this SO question).

I'm afraid ffmpeg is not capable of ignoring EOF. (I even believe the
codebase is not prepared to easily introduce an option for that.)

Good luck,
Moritz