[FFmpeg-user] How to copy all of 5 audio streams to mp4 file

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Feb 27 10:38:54 EET 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 14:22:52 -0800, Hans Carlson wrote:
> > Attached. Use at your own risk. I only merged the changes and fixed
> > obvious merge issues.
>
> This is great.  What's the odds this (or something similar to/based on
> this) could be added to the official ffmpeg code base?

Well, basically two things: Someone willing to clean this code up and
bring it to ffmpeg's standards, and someone from the ffmpeg core team
willing to review and acknowledge. Furthermorew, the code needs to be
considered useful. ffmpeg is sort of reluctant to add new external
library dependencies (perhaps mostly for something which could be
implemented internally). And in this case, the code uses a modified
library (IIUC), which makes it even more difficult.

The original author of the patchset obviously wasn't inclined to go
down this path. And with open source, that's totally up to him, as long
as he doesn't violate licenses and copyright.

Moritz