[FFmpeg-user] Apparent Memory Leak with "-vf detelecine"

William Swartzendruber wswartzendruber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:13:26 EET 2019

I am attempting to detelecine VHS and have found the "detelecine" filter to
work quite well, once the proper starting frame is determined.  But on a 8
GB machine, I can only get through about an hour before RAM is starved, and
that's after shutting down GDM.

I have two console outputs to share (via valgrind), one with detelecine
enabled, and one without it.  In these cases, sample runs are limited to
one minute of video.

Enabled (leaking memory): https://pastebin.com/raw/Drvx7L90
Disabled (not leaking): https://pastebin.com/raw/GFNS3QST

I first observed this in 4.0.3, but the outputs above are for what was in
master this morning.

Oh, I am posting here because Trac insists I'm spam.