[FFmpeg-user] problems consuming live single file hls

Daniel Oberhoff danieloberhoff at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:44:30 EET 2019

(sorry, i keep miss-sending this to your personal address)

>> Since hls is a streaming format i would actually expect this to work.
> It does work for "multi file" which is what hls is meant to be.

Byte-range is part of the standard (see
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-08#section-3.4.1),
so single file is as much "meant to be" as multi-file afaict.

> If you use single file, I don't see how the behaviour can be
> different, you can reproduce it using mpegts on your local
> file system.

What do you mean? The desire is for new entries in the playlist to
become visible only after the data is visible to open/read. You are
saying this is impossible? I cant imagine that to be honest. Would you
accept a patch if i can get this to work?

Best

Daniel