[FFmpeg-user] ffplay on second monitor

Mark Leman mark at leman.net
Thu Jan 17 12:51:35 EET 2019

Quoting Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:
 >Ah, you need something like this:
 >mpv av://dshow:video="vMix Video"

Thank you for you patient help, that worked :-)
To reduce the buffering lag I added --profile=low-latency which appears
to help.

So my final command to grab the 16:9 direct show video stream "vMix
Video", crop to down to 4:3, scale to 800x600 and then show it, full
screen on a monitor of my choice is.....

mpv  av://dshow:video="vMix Video" --osc=no  --no-border
--geometry=800x600 --panscan=1 --profile=low-latency --screen=2

I would still like to see ffplay have the equivelient command line
option to '--screen=1'

Regards,
Mark Leman