[FFmpeg-user] Prevent delay variation when packet loss occurs in ffplay

Manuel Alejandro malejandrodev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:16:45 EET 2019

 Hi.

I am trying to receive a SRT transmission while maintaining the delay all
the time but when (or simulate) packet loss occurs, the delay decreases
(the audio queue goes from "aq = 44KB" to "aq = 0").
In the next command the latency is approximately 3000 milliseconds at the
beginning. What I'm looking for is that this latency is maintained all the
time. If packet loss occurs, the audio should be muted and not forward.
I tried using "-sync ext". In this case the audio keeps its delay but there
are variations of tone (key, pitch) that are not what I'm looking for.

ffplay -hide_banner -nodisp -analyzeduration 0 -f:a mpegts
"srt://ipaddress:10006?mode=caller&pkt_size=1316&latency=3000"

This shows ffplay when packet loss occurs:

[NULL @ 0x7f943b808a00] Error parsing Ogg TS header.