[FFmpeg-user] EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME usage

kumar vikram vikramforu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:33:41 EET 2019

I understand that Pragram datet time tag is more of an informative tag.

I have seen some test stream which specifically give date time and PTS
mapping. Please see the example below:

#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:241909721
#EXT-X-INDEPENDENT-SEGMENTS
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:6
#USP-X-TIMESTAMP-MAP:MPEGTS=2670603168,LOCAL=2019-01-23T05:43:28Z
#EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME:2019-01-23T05:43:28Z

As naive as it may sound, But I am still curious to know if Progam date
time alone can be used to retrieve PTS value?

I am totally stuck at this point and any advice/sample code would surely
help?

Thanking in advance

Vikram