[FFmpeg-user] amix: Hard limit for number of inputs?

Reino Wijnsma rwijnsma at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 16 18:32:20 EEST 2019

On 16-7-2019 15:36, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/19, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> About 7 years ago I've used Audacity to assemble the soundtrack of the
>> videogame No One Lives Forever 2. See
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3aKcQ0HK4 for example.
> Why you use adelay?
> Perhaps you want acrossfade filter instead, or even better concat filter.
I can't use these filters. Have a look at the Youtube video please.
I wish it was a simple matter of just concatenating all segments, but it isn't, because the segments don't align perfectly.
Each segments has to start at a very specific time.
Then it's a matter of mixing everything at full volume(!), so there's no fading involved at all.

Do you happen to know why ffmpeg reports a completely wrong duration?

Related question/suggestion:
It's really cumbersome to always having to specify the delay for all(!) channels: [1]adelay=158792S|158792S[E2];
How about a default behaviour where specifying an amount of milliseconds/samples once(!) applies to all channels: [1]adelay=158792S[E2];
And if you want a specific delay for another channel, then you can do so as is already possible.
This would make my commandline a lot shorter!

-- Reino