[FFmpeg-user] how to use svt-hevc in x265

Frank Tetzel s1445051 at mail.zih.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jul 23 10:48:37 EEST 2019

> > I build ffmpeg with x265 and svt-hevc. I can do transcoding via
> > ffmpeg command. But how to use svt-hevc in x265 via ffmpeg
> > command?
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "use svt-hevc in x265". svt-hevc
> is an HEVC/H.265 encoder. (lib)x265 is an HEVC/H.265 encoder. You
> would use either one or the other.

I thought so too, but apparently there is some integration:
http://www.x265.org/x265-svt-hevc-house/?ModPagespeed=noscript
https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/svthevc.html

I do not see any point in ffmpeg supporting execution of svt-hevc
through x256. It supports both encoders on its own.

Regards,
Frank