[FFmpeg-user] cross compilation of ffmpeg, targetting WIndows: libbluray can not be found

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 09:12:18 EEST 2019

Hello

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:48 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Fr., 31. Mai 2019 um 07:20 Uhr schrieb Vincent Torri
> <vincent.torri at gmail.com>:
>
> > ah, at least it seems that indeed pkg-config fails to find the pc file
>
> Then try to fix that first, there is a define magic that fixes it.
>
> From looking at your configure output:
> Is it possible that your are missing CROSS_PREFIX-pkg-config?
> (I may be wrong)

there is x86_64-w64-mingw32-pkg-config.exe, but i'm on Linux... The
pkg-config binary that must be used is the one that is on the system
on which is cross-compile.

> > Note that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not set and i do instead (see
> > https://autotools.io/pkgconfig/cross-compiling.html section 4.4 at the
> > bottom) :
>
> FFmpeg does not use autotools,

I know, but these environment variables are not specific to autotools.
See this link (i sould give it instead) :

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/CrossCompileProposal/

(see "Current Support" section)

> if pkg-config does not work for you
> (it typically does not work for me here),

it does work :

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/ewpi_64/lib/pkg-config --modversion libbluray

returns 1.1.1

maybe I will just use PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to only one value, the one
for my cross-compiled libraries and see if configure is happy with it

thank you

Vincent Torri