[FFmpeg-user] Samsung HanWha QNV-7010RN Security Camera Stream - No Sound with ffplay

Patrick Kirchner patrickkirchner at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 04:20:52 EEST 2019

Hi - I'm trying to play the rtp stream from my Samsung HanWha security camera with ffplay but I can't get sound to work.

The audio stream looks to be identified, but fails to play with:
   Duration: N/A, start: -0.184000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main), yuv420p(tv), 2592x1520, 19.92 tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: adpcm_g726le, 8000 Hz, mono, s16, 32 kb/s
    Stream #0:2: Data: none
SDL_OpenAudio (1 channels, 8000 Hz): ALSA: Couldn't set audio channels
No more combinations to try, audio open failed
Oddly, mplayer will play the audio stream, but chokes on the video, it identifies the audio with "Selected audio codec: [ffg726le] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg G.726 little endian Audio)"

I'm trying to play it via an nVidia video card with HDMI out that carries the sound to my Yamaha a/v 7.1 receiver.  Maybe it's just a problem with mapping it to the HDMI and audio channel up convert but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work.
Thanks,Patrick.