[FFmpeg-user] Samsung HanWha QNV-7010RN Security Camera Stream - No Sound with ffplay

Patrick Kirchner patrickkirchner at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 06:57:11 EEST 2019

   On Saturday, June 8, 2019, 3:34:27 PM CDT, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
 On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 15:50:35 +0000, Patrick Kirchner via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> I have no luck with ffplay using "-af aresample=32000" and when I try to change it to "-ac 2" I get this type of complaint:
> [g726le @ 0x7f7070006600] Decoding more than one channel is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.

"-ac 2" probably forces ffprobe to assume that the *input* has two
channels, which apparently isn't supported.

Did you read Carl Eugen's suggestion to try "-af aresample=ocl=stereo"?

> With MPlayer, there are audio output options to chose either sdl or
> alsa seperately, but it seems that ffplay can only use alsa along
> with sdl.

I believe it's SDL which has the ALSA implementation, ffplay only uses
the SDL API. (I may be wrong though.)

ffplay is sort of minimalistic feature-wise. Do you definitely need
ffplay? Do you have access to mpv?

Moritz
Thanks Moritz!    Using "-af aresample=ocl=stereo" resolved my issue and now the sound works great.  Sorry, somehow I totally missed Carl Eugen's suggestion to try it.  I searched through all the replies to my thread and I still can't find it but regardless it was the answer, so thank you very much for pointing it out and a big thanks to Carl Eugen for the correct answer to my problem.
I've been hoping to use ffplay because of its quick startup time and low footprint.  I had been using MPlayer since 2000 but wasn't aware of the MPV fork.  I'll have to check it out, but for now I'm quite pleased that ffplay is working.
Many thanks again to you and Carl for the assistance.  :)

Patrick.