[FFmpeg-user] MP2 audio files "Header missing" and audio drops

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jun 13 15:15:46 EEST 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 09:38:53 +0200, Renaud Schoonbroodt wrote:
> Mplayer plays these files perfectly (using mpg123) !
>
> VLC (latest official release) does struggle with these files too, it stops
> playing for several seconds every time such an "error" arrives.
>
> Does anyone already experienced this issue ? What's the fix ?

Possibly, ffmpeg or libavcodec (libavformat?) needs to be made more
tolerant, if other tools can play these files just fine.

> If needed, I can provide several problematic files. What's the best way to
> send them ?

You should. Initially, use a file sharer of your choice. This can also
be a Dropbox link. If it turns out to be a bug, you (or someone else)
would attach a sample to the ticket.

Cheers,
Moritz