[FFmpeg-user] Filter to detect video glitches

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Mar 10 21:30:29 EET 2019

(What have you already tried?)

On 3/10/2019 1:58 AM, Venkateswaran.S wrote:
> Glitches are video aftrifacts created by poor encoding/decoding or problem
> in network connection while playing online video. It can't be detected by
> blackdetector. Please find the attached image for your reference.

"glitch" can mean lots of things, and a decoding failure is only one of them
and better to call it what it is (i.e head-switching noise from an analog
source can also be called a glitch, as could a dropped frame).

In this case, it looks like a transmission/data error or dropped packet(s).
Can a frame-based filter even look for that? You're kind of getting into
Automatic Content Recognition, which gets tricky and isn't a job for the
command line utils.

There is a freezedetect filter, but that may not be what you want.

I think you better off looking at the log messages for decoder errors.

z!